DIRlist provides user descriptions of files and subdirectories. It can be difficult to identify a files purpose and content with just the filename, especially when the file is old or shared between users. DIRlist provides free text descriptions to supplement the file name for project documentation, instruction manuals, and general identification of directory contents. Files and subdirectories are displayed with file sizes, dates, and a user description. DIRlist can navigate from directory to directory propagating subdirectory descriptions in related directories. DIRlist saves the descriptions in an HTML file of each directory accessed by DIRlist.
- Help identify files and directories shared by other users
- Print, display, and browse directory listings with file descriptions
- Used for project documentation, instruction manuals, and directory contents
- Document the files and directories to promote identification
- Propagates related descriptions by navigating between directories